Wednesday, April 2, 2014

34. Between Interlaken Switzerland and Amsterdam, Netherlands - 1970

 I am not done yet, but here are some short thoughts to ponder while I continue to write of my visit to Amsterdam.  Attached to the end of this post are the notes I found from my visit to this wonderful city.  It will show you why this one is taking longer.
Interlaken
 The next morning, my partner took the mountain train up to Grindalwald.  I had a lazy day and walked to the town center, had a pastry and fresh juice for brunch. 
Cuckoo Clock









 After looking around the town for a while I found myself in a little shop with nothing but watches and clocks.  I bought my mother and father a Swiss made cuckoo clock and made arrangements to have it shipped to our home in Mechanicville, New York.















After completing this transaction I went to the train station and got a ticket on the overnight train to Amsterdam.  I also called back home and asked my father to mail me enough money to pay for my ferry trip between The Netherlands and England.  I cannot remember how much the fare was in 1970.


http://static.messynessychic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/eurail361.jpeg
Waiting for the train

 I caught the train that evening.  After two border crossings and three transfers, I arrived at the Amsterdam train station late the next morning. From there I located the different areas in Amsterdam that were interesting to me and set out to visit the city I had heard so much of during my travels that summer.



Pass the box
Match box
With toes
Laugh
Try paper
Laugh

No I don't have any cigarettes

Strange Turkish shit
Not like in Turkey
But still Turkish

Sleep
Noise
Loud drums
Flute
Breakfast
Bun and Milk
Five, maybe four people
Walk
Rain

Post Office
Funny tourists
Letter
Bring back the change
Rain
Walk

Amerian Express
Change Money
Rain
Rain
Walk
     Walk
          Walk
Walk

Dam Square
Sit
Sit
Sit
Sit
Rain
Walk

Kosmos
The Kosmos
In
Feel
Look
Microbiotic food
Judy cooks, a witch
Good food
Tasty
Too much

Sit
Listen
Watch people
Silly high, maybe faked
Giggle crowd
Don't know what its about
         Others fantastic

One of the Mothers
Four or five year old girl
Really nice

Two Pipes
One Shalom
Three hours
Talk
Sit
Write

Giggle crowd moves
Thank the Gods

Wild Guitar and mouth harp

Let the Sun Shine In
One Man
Guitar and voice

Nice














No comments:

Post a Comment